Senior Game Engineer
My name is Stefan Wijnker, 32 years old and an experienced, dedicated and resourceful senior game engineer from the Netherlands. On this page, you will find a selection of the commercial and independent video games and tools that I’ve worked on during my career.
With over 11 years of professional experience, I’ve contributed to a large range of titles, such as The Falconeer (Wired Productions), Besiege (Spiderling Studios) and Crash Drive 3 (M2H).
My résumé is available in both docx and pdf formats, for business enquiries or related requests you can contact me through any of the options listed on my contact page!
The Falconeer (2021)
You take on the role of Falconeer, a powerful airborne warrior traversing a vast oceanic world torn apart by generations of poisonous decisions and dissent.
- Fully responsible for porting the game to Steam, GoG, Luna, Google Stadia, Epic Game Store, UWP, Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X (XDK), Xbox Series X|S (GameCore), PS4, PS5 and Switch platforms
- Optimized the initialization sequence performance to greatly reduce startup time
- Created the system for handling the PS5 trigger effects and implemented haptic feedback for all the weapons
Crash Drive 3 (2021)
Are you ready for THE car stunting playground? Experience ridiculous fun in this cross-platform multiplayer, free-roaming game! Drive monster trucks, tanks and more amazing vehicles across a huge open world. Level up, play events, earn cash, unlock new cars and discover secrets…
- Responsible for the GameCore (Xbox Series X|S + Xbox One) platform implementation
- Integrated PlayFab service to facilitate voice chat between Xbox Live users
- Uses custom MSPD multiplayer session implementation to expose sessions to other Xbox Live players
Besiege is a physics based building game in which you construct medieval siege engines. Battle your way through the singleplayer campaign, unleash chaos with your friends in multiplayer, create your own worlds with the level editor or customize your game with mods through the secrets…
- Responsible for the multiplayer networking, level and logic editor code in the Multiverse update
- Created a transcompiler to convert the UnityScript codebase to C# for much faster iteration times
- Prototyping and implementation of the surface block
- Countless optimizations to the physics and performance
Napkin Game Studio
For any questions, availability and quotation requests, you can reach me directly through any of the options listed on my contact page and I will get back to you as soon as I can!